- Is made up of statements contained with <script> </script> tags within an html page
- Is case sensitive!
- Ignores whitespace (spaces, tabs, newlines)
- Semi-colons are optional, but highly recommended
- If omitted, new statements should appear on a new line
- Comments, same as C/C++
- //text after double forward slash
- /* text between slash-star, across multiple lines */
- recognises html comment <!-- as being the same as //
- html closing comment --> is not recognised and should be written as //-->
Save & refresh browser:
Here's some more text!
*note: running the above will initially display the first three lines of text and a popup alert box, followed by the final line when the OK button is clicked upon